This past weekend marked the 47th annual Ohio MCC Relief Sale. It was a bit on the hot side, but overall a good weekend. We went for dinner on Friday night and then again on Saturday. So nice to live a mile away!
On Saturday morning I did the Run for Relief 5K. Brian and Mason came to watch me cross the finish line and got a few pictures. Family and friends waiting at the finish line.
My #1 running partner. He says - mommy, run fast! Glad I didn't have to push him for the race!
Our neighbor, Lance, and his cousin and brother rode their unicycles. Kind of cheating if you ask me...
First wave of runners in the home stretch.
My happy fans!
Here I come!
Sprinting it out for the last few seconds.
Just about there... I finished with a time of 26:35 which is 25 seconds faster than the goal I set for myself, and about 1 minute 25 seconds faster than I expected to finish. I was quite pleased to see the 26 on the clock!
The race was supposed to start at 8:00 but because of some computer issues it was delayed about 10-15 minutes. It was a little overcast, making for nice summer running conditions By the end it was getting hot and sticky, but it could have been much worse!
Two pictures of Mommy and Mason - the top includes a smiling Mason and the bottom a not-so-cooperative Mason. He's been very anti-picures, anti-camera the past few weeks. He even tells me, "no mommy, no pictures" when I pull out my phone or the camera.
(It's for posterity, people. Got to remember these silly things about Mason as a 2-year-old!)
We then proceeded to the main sale area to eat breakfast and watch the auctions. Later, before eating lunch (egg rolls and lo mein, yum!), Mason finally took the plunge and rode the barrel train! He had the opportunity to ride this at Fun Night a few weeks ago and was very instant that he did not want to, even crying when the train came near.
The Relief Sale must have the magic touch because when asked, Mason said yes to the train. Brian took him over to it, lifted him up and set him in the seat. Mason buckled the seat belt and was ready to go. When he came back after his first ride, he had no interest in getting out. Two rides later (three total) he was okay to be done. I'm glad he decided to give it a whirl! When the train went past us before coming to a stop, I spotted Mason ringing his bell. He looked so old, mature, and grown-up!
After eating lunch we shared an ice cream cone and then Daddy and Mason took off for home (downtown) on a hayride. Mason thought it was fun!






2 comments:
Nice job on the 5k! Looks like a fun weekend - wish we could have been there.
Hey Hey! Way to go on the run! Tessa was asking if we Mason could come over yesterday...kind of cute she still remembers him. Oh-and your patio looks great!
Post a Comment