Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Third Haircut

It was time...the trip to the barber was necessary and I was dreading it.  Mason didn't so much care for his second haircut and I didn't figure the third would be any better.  But with his uncle getting married last Saturday, I decided that last Monday was a good day for a haircut.  

 We headed over to Nik's Barber Shop in Kidron and got seated right away.  Mason did okay for the first two seconds.  Then it was all over.  No toy, sucker, game, tv show, or song could help the fact that he hates getting his hair cut.

 Nikki tried the clippers, then the scissors.  Mason had none of it.  First he sat on the chair with the little bench on the armrests while I held him still and tired to hold his head.  Then I ended up holding him.  Neither worked well, he moved around a lot, had lots of tears, wetness, and snot, but we did end up with shorter hair.
 
 It took him a little while to recover - I held him while he sucked on his second sucker of the day.  I think it ruined his afternoon because he wasn't himself for quite a while.

 But after his nap and once daddy was home, he was ready to play again.

 And okay with showing off his shorter hair.  Maybe he just prefers it long and over his ears???

 He wants you to see it really close.

This picture makes me laugh because it's such a funny angle of him that he doesn't really look like Mason.

All in all, we survived and have short hair.  I think she cut it short enough that we will avoid another haircut for quite some time.  We can all hope the the fourth time is a charm, cause the third sure wasn't! :)

1 comment:

Ben and Bri said...

He looks so OLD!!! Can't believe how fast they grow up.