Friday, July 3, 2009

New Kitchen Sink

While Nana and Pop-pop were here, I asked them to help Brian install a new sink in our kitchen. It was something I wanted to do two years ago when we moved in, but we're still working on all "those" projects.

Brian under the sink while Pop-pop works from the top. It took them about five hours to complete the project. That included two runs to the hardware store for miscellanous parts and supplies.

Since the kitchen was kind of "out of order" for the better part of the day, Nana washed windows for me. I'd been meaning to do it all spring and never made time for it. She willingly agreed and I appreciate it so much!

It's much nicer to look out a clean window and not see fly spots and dirt. Not only did she wash the window, she cleaned out the tracks and wiped down the outsides of the windows too. Very clean!

Washing dishes in the new sink for the first time. We have a dishwasher, but I still wash plenty in the sink too and now it's much easier and more fun. Dishwashing and fun...together in the same sentence! :)

Shiny and new! I'm in love!