Friday, July 31, 2009

Hello World!

July 31 - my due date. It's hard to believe the day is already here, rainy and all. So far, it feels like just another Friday at home - laundry in the washer, coffee beside me, exercise coming up next, a few errands to run, Relief Sale this evening... It's hard to believe that if things would have gone differently, I could be in the hosptial having a baby, or already home holding my baby.

When I was first pregnant, back in November, July 31 seemed like ages away. Time goes so quick, especially in the summer when your weekends are filled with activities and your weeks just fly right by. But, today's the day.

I'm not mad or upset about the course of life, I'm just marveling at how our brains work. It's been 14 weeks since Andie was born. Again, it seems like just two weeks ago we were at the hospital. If you aren't careful, time can pass you by!

Right now, I'm looking forward to the future, trying to enjoy each day and realize that before I know it, I'll be 40 (just 15 quick years away)! While I might wish that I was holding my baby, looking at her face, touching her soft skin, and dressing her up, I realize that there will be time for that. It's a bit scary to think about "the next time" because we don't know what will happen. I have come to realize that this is what it's like for every pregnancy - life is a miracle. We are praying for a healthy pregnancy and baby, but only the Lord knows. We are being "joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer."

Even though we try not to think of how things would be different, sometimes it's hard not to. We would have a baby room all ready, clothes washed, and a crib waiting to hold a baby. While we hope to experience these things soon, we also look forward to experiencing the love for a child and pray that all will go well when that time comes. We are thankful for our experience with Andie. And while we never really got to know her, we were able to hold her, admire her features, and love her as our daughter.

2 comments:

Michele Patterson said...

It really is amazing how time can go by so quickly at some points, but only seem to inch by at others. I'm sure your experience with Andie shaped you guys in ways that you can't even imagine. I so admire your perspective and ability to see the forest through the trees - God is good and he cares so much about you.

Anonymous said...

You guys are amazing. Just like Michele said - you guys are always so positive and we admire that about you. Love you guys!