Since it was such a beautiful day, Mason and I took the opportunity to walk to Kidron Park, play, and hike in the woods.
As we were walking in the driveway nearing the playground, Mason said he wanted to play "for a long time". His current phrase when wanting to do something is "for one minute", but as you can see, he didn't want to limit himself to only a minute this time. It was the first time he'd said that phrase to me and it surprised me...for a long time! We set the timer on my phone and played for a while and then I convinced him that it was time to head back into the woods for our walk.
He lead the way for most of the time, occasionally veering off the path. When I'd tell him he wasn't on the path, he'd find the path again and then point to where he was and say that's poison ivy. I guess all my talk of staying on the path and out of the green stuff paid off this summer. (All the green stuff has disappeared, making it easy to stray from the path.)I actually got him to pose for me, and he always picked the trees he wanted to lean on.
I find these two pictures (top and bottom) hilarious. He's saying "cheese" and jumping up and down and moving all around. He did it over and over and I finally got a video of it. (Blogger has been weird and annoying recently and I can't upload videos from my iPhone. It's really annoying...any suggestions, please let me know!!)
It was perfect today! Not too cold, but still felt like fall, and lots of colorful leaves on the trees and on the ground. Mason DID NOT want to leave and cried/screamed (in my ear). We went after lunch and leaving time was also closing in on nap time, obviously. He wanted to call Daddy and ask to go again with him soon. Maybe tonight...So sad, but so glad he loves to be outside and enjoys the little known gem in Kidron Park!







No comments:
Post a Comment