Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Snow Day

We've had lots of cold, cold weather and snow this January. Schools have been cancelled and on this snowy Saturday, our fun plans were cancelled as well. 
 Mason was excited to help Brian shovel snow. As a child, I remember getting dressed up to play in the snow. It seemed like such a process for a few minutes of cold fun. Mason's a good sport about wearing all the appropriate clothing!
 Brian got out the sled for Micah and I dressed him as warmly as possible. He spent about five minutes outside. He didn't show much emotion either way, but since he didn't cry, I don't think he hated it!
 We were supposed to go to a special story time at the Lodi Outlets featuring Curious George and the Man with the Yellow Hat.  Since it was forecasted to be cold and snowy, the story time was cancelled earlier in the week. We were also supposed to go swimming with our small group, but the indoor pool was closed. I was so bummed…but fortunately both activities have been rescheduled!
 A few rounds around the driveway and Micah was done.
Every time the snow melts, Mason's asked if it's Spring yet. I wish it was that simple! Usually within a day or two, there's more snow to show that Winter is still in full swing!

No comments: