This fall, our Tuesday mornings revolve around story time at our local library. Mason's age group (3 year olds) meets at 10:30. Being involved in this session of story time is big for Mason - it's the first time that kids are in the room without parents for the majority of the 30 minute session. Usually it starts with the librarian inviting them into the room, reading a book or two, and then craft time. The moms are asked to come in to assist with the craft and then go back out while the kids and librarian read another book, sing a song or play an instrument, and sing their good bye song. It took a few weeks, but Mason now walks into the room without hesitation. So proud of him considering he was so unsure of this a few months ago.
Meanwhile, Micah and I take selfies to send to daddy while we wait to help with the craft. Selfies are hard. Selfies holding a baby who's kicking my hand trying to take the picture...even more questionable!Oh DQ, you got me this time with your email coupon. What was supposed to be a buy one get one free Orange Julius turned into Mason wanting to get lunch which turned into taking lunch to eat with Nonie. It's not all bad...just good marketing, especially with the help of a sweet three year old saying he wanted something to eat. (And maybe I wasn't that hard of a sell since a hamburger sounded pretty good!)
I dressed Mason and Micah in (their first of many) matching outfits and just had to take a few pictures after we got home from our morning out.
I actually got Mason to look and was surprised with how well these pictures turned out!
Micah slowly slid down Mason's lap as I was snapping.
I wanted one of Mason holding Micah up so we could see the full matching effect. He told me he was squishing Micah's tummy. Micah didn't seem to mind, but the one picture I got didn't turn out that well!
This boy still "poses" for pictures and looks at the camera! The other one was off to the house getting his new DVD from the library ready to watch.
Today's session focused on "Fall Friends" including this raccoon made during craft time. Mason especially enjoys the craft because it often involves a glue stick!Curious George watchers. Did you hear that?!? Oh, just my heart exploding. The cuteness! They are such sweethearts and I'm so happy to spend my days with them.






No comments:
Post a Comment