Friday, May 16, 2008

Blue Nile

A little more about Columbus... On Sunday evening before we left, we ate at the Blue Nile, an Ethiopian restaurant. It's downtown, close to campus and is very authentic. We even sat at a straw table with just enough space for the food tray.


Instead of using a fork or spoon, you use a piece of "bread" to get a bite and then put the whole thing in your mouth. We asked what the bread was because it resembled a pancake that wasn't flipped, just bubbly on one side. Right away, the man said it was similar to a pancake, except you put it on low heat, cover it, and let it set for about three minutes.


The food was quite good and the whole experience was fun! Ben, Brianne, and Brian all enjoyed it a lot. I enjoyed it, but liked the ice cream we stopped for afterwards a bit more! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will agree the ice cream was a bit tastier, but it was a good experience nonetheless :) I can't wait for our next outing!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenna! We have an Ethiopian restaurant named Blue Nile here in Harrisonburg too, and we eat there really often. The pancake stuff is called Injera, and I just LOVE it! Such wonderful food!